Goshen Summer Camp
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Boy Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather. Each summer, Goshen Scout Reservation welcomes thousands of Webelos Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, and adult leaders. In continuous operation since 1967, Goshen Scout Reservation provides the premier summer camp experience in our area.
Troop 1128 will stay at Camp Bowman
Camp Bowman offers camping for 400 and includes a chapel, handicraft area, extensive archery, rifle and shotgun areas, parade field, aquatics, shower house, and direct access to hiking trails. Camp Bowman is our Patrol Cooking Camp and can help your Scouts apply their skills whether they are brand new or in their late teens. There are lots of lessons (teamwork, cooking, cleaning, etc.) to be learned through Patrol Cooking that cannot be learned in a dining hall. Ask your friendly Camp Director if you have questions.
What Parents and Scouts of Troop 1128 Need to Know
- Pay for camp before the costs go up! See Goshen 2022 Announcement below.
- Fill up Goshen 2022 Signup and Personal Info Forms.
- Get your scout a complete physical and fill Medical Forms A, B, C with the NCAC Health Advisory (Part C should be filled by a medical provider) and send the completed forms to the Troop 1128 Medical Coordinator.
- Review the merit badge prerequisites and additional costs for merit badges with your scout.
- Sign up for merit badges and review the prerequisites
- Review your unfinished merit badges from previous years Goshen merit badge classes and make a plan to finish them this year
- 14 years old and above AND Star Rank and above, sign up to teach classes to younger scouts in the afternoon.
Program, Costs, and Packing Lists
- Goshen Personal Equipment Checklist [PDF]
- 2022 Bowman Program Schedule [PDF]
- 2022 Scouts BSA Program Guide & Prerequisites [PDF]
- Example of additional fees for certain programs:
- Leatherworks, $15, non-refundable
- Shotgun: $45, non-refundable
More information could be found at https://www.gotogoshen.org/camps-programs/camp-bowman/#downloads