- Depart: Tuesday, 17-July
- Return: Tuesday, 31-July
- 1n – Flaming Gorge Recreation Area, Firehole Canyon Campground
- 2n – Yellowstone National Park, Bay Bridge Campground
- 3n – Grand Teton National Park, Coulter Bay Campground
- 7n – Wind River Range
- Green River Lakes
- Beaver Camp
- Summit Lake
- Upper Jean Lake
- Upper Jean Lake
- No-Name Lakes
- New Fork Park
Miles Hiked + Rafted: 75 miles hiked + 7.5 mi rafted
- Jenny Lake – 5
- Granite Canyon – 14
- Snake River (Raft) – 7.5 mi
- Beaver Camp – 11
- Summit Lake – 9
- Upper Jean Lake – 7
- Upper Jean to Island Lake return – 11
- No-Name Lakes – 9
- New Fork Park – 8
- “Fremont Award” (we may propose a new troop award): 5 nights above 10,000 ft. 2 of those nights were above 11,000
- Polar Bear Award: 3 snowflakes for nights below freezing
- Wildlife: Bull moose, black bear (sow + 2 cubs), bison in the hundreds (Hayden herd), a bull bison literally in our tent site, a few mule dear, 3 massive bull elk in our campground, rabbits, plus countless unidentified birds/bugs/etc.
- Swam in glacier fed lakes and streams.
- Ate great food at restaurants in the national park for dinners.
- Made snowballs at 11,000.
- Climbed up and slid down snow banks in shorts & t-shirts, while hiking alongside spectacular fields of wildflowers.
- Broke camp on final morning at 0530, hiking with headlamps
- Masterful trading by the scouts regarding food and crew gear
- Hung bearbags off cliffs
- Saw the six peaks Elijah’s uncle climbed at Teton NP
- Watched geysers explode
- Deserted Mr.Baker for a day because of his WEAK legs
- Played in aquatics center
- 2 mosquitoes all trip… Regardless, Elijah wore his headnet
- 3 lost sunglasses – by the same person…
- 1 broken bowl
- 1 frisbee lost to a tree
Overall, the great activities, and fun atmosphere coupled with the amazing scenery made all parts of the trip amazing. Even the driving (well, in Mr.Hindleys car at least.) Through cold nights, windy days, hail-y dinners, and long car rides, the Alt Philmont Crew had an incredible trip.
Alt-Philmont Crew: Elijah, Kendall, Joey, Andrew, Joshua, Gabe, ASM Baker, ASM Hindley, ASM Parker, and ASM Macesich